The Greater Dandenong Sustainability Awards recognise the community's efforts that help make our community and environment a more sustainable place to live work and play.
The awards identify champions in our community whose achievements can be seen and adopted by others.
Entries are now open for the 2019 Sustainability Awards
Before submitting your entry form, it is important that you read the Entry Guidelines, Terms and Conditions.
Applicants are encouraged to submit an online entry form. Alternatively, an electronic entry form can be printed,completed and submitted to Council.
Entries close at 5pm Friday 28 June 2019.
The winners will be announced at presentation dinner on Monday 21 October.
The 2019 Sustainability Awards recognise achievements in the following two categories:
Sustainable Community Category
The sustainable community category encourages entries from the following organisations:
- Schools – Primary, secondary, kindergartens, early learning centres and tertiary institutes
- Community groups – registered community groups or organisations
- Volunteer groups – official or unofficial groups operating in or around Greater Dandenong
- Clubs or associations – including sporting clubs, alliances, or other groups
The sustainable community category encourages entries from the following individuals:
- Households - for initiatives related to your home or garden
- Residents or employees – for making a difference at their home, workplace or community
- Students - primary, secondary or tertiary making a difference at their school or community
Sustainable Industry Category
This category recognises efforts by industries that have contributed to environmental sustainability within the City of Greater Dandenong. The sustainable industry category encourages entries from the following sectors:
- Businesses: Includes commercial, industrial, retail or other enterprises of any size
- New Development: Includes recently constructed buildings or proposed buildings that hold a valid planning permit. Includes residential or non-residential
The winner of the Sustainable Community Category will win a voucher to the value of $500.
2018 Award Winners
Congratulations to the 2018 Sustainability Award Winners and Finalists in the Community and Business Category.
Sustainable Community Category Finalists
Winner - Cornish College
Finalist - Noble Park Community Garden Club
Finalist - Athol Road Primary School
Finalist - Lyndale Greens Primary School
Finalist - WIlliam Kwan and John Hayman
Finalist - Carers of Africa
Finalist - Dandenong West Primary School
Finalist - Resurrection Primary School
Read more about the 2018 Sustainable Community Award Finalists
Sustainable Business Category Finalists
Winner - Fujitsu Australia College
Finalist - IKEA Springvale
Finalist - Summit Select
Read more about the 2018 Sustainable Business Award Finalists
Read more about our previous years Sustainability Award Winners