The Greater Dandenong Sustainability Awards recognise the community's efforts that help make our community and environment a more sustainable place to live work and play.
The awards identify champions in our community whose achievements can be seen and adopted by others. In its third year, the awards recognise leadership and innovation in sustainability, rewarding those striving to help make Greater Dandenong one of the most sustainable municipalities in Australia.
Submissions for the 2019 Awards will open soon.
2018 award winners
Congratulations to the 2018 Sustainability Award Winners and Finalists in the Community Category. The Business and Development categories will be announced soon.
Winner - Cornish College
Finalist - Noble Park Community Garden Club
Finalist - Athol Road Primary School
Finalist - Lyndale Greens Primary School
Finalist - WIlliam Kwan and John Hayman
Finalist - Carers of Africa
Finalist - Dandenong West Primary School
Finalist - Resurrection Primary School
2017 award winners
The 2017 winner and finalists in the Community category were announced at the Sustainability Festival on Sunday 26 February 2017. Congratulations to the 2017 winner and finalists:
- Winner - Yarraman Oaks Primary School
- Finalist - Australian Vietnamese Women’s Association
- Finalist - Athol Road Primary School
- Finalist - Noble Park Gardening Club
- Finalist - Keysborough Resurrection - School Community Swap Group
Congratulations to the 2017 Business and Development winners and runner-ups which were announced in March 2017.
- Business Category Winner: Waste Converters / Smart Recycling
- Business Category Runner-up: Biofuel Innovations
- Development Category Winner: The Quarter, Springvale
- Development Category Runner-up: Somerfield Estate, Keysborough
Read about past winners and finalists.
The 2018 Sustainability Awards are proudly supported by the following partners: