Springvale Laneway Revitalisation Concept Design
After the consultation phase ASPECT Design came back with a concept design.
Celebrating the Vitality of the Community
The canopy will be read from a distance and make an announcement, an element that is buoyant and playful.
It will provide ambient lighting for pedestrians and enliven the laneway at night.
Development of the canopy will explore elements that are synonymous with Springvale both in colour and form.
The Furniture and Greenery
- 0.5m width seating and planting opportunity adjacent to north wall: restaurant and laundromat.
- Intermittent seats along length of wall. Length and number to be confirmed. flexible approach enables expansion/contraction.
- Garden beds with climbing plants between seating. Vertical trellis located against building line.
- Tables and chairs in widened space adjacent to laundromat - provides opportunity for play and interaction.
- Realign garage doors to minimize blind spot and improve sight lines.
- Proposed extent of canopy, extend into Springvale road and Warwick avenue carpark.
- Density of Canopy to be explored pending option preference, materiality and cost.
The Graphics and Ground Plane
- Resurface laneway - asphalt
- Upgrade drainage - use Ductile iron Heel Guard grates
- Integrate ground, walls and furniture
- Introduce playful way finding elements applied to ground and walls and integrated with furniture
- Content of way finding to be community driven
- Surface line marking to identify vehicle egress and nominate pedestrian priority zones