All City of Greater Dandenong residential ratepayers are entitled to one free hard waste collection each financial year. The hard waste service is 'at call', meaning residents can book their collection when it suits them.
Booking your hard waste collection
- To book your collection call WM Waste Management Services on 9721 1915 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Book your FREE hard waste collection at www.hardrubbishmelbourne.com.au at a time that suits you.
- WM Waste Management Services will advise when the collectable items are to be left out and when collection will take place.
- They will then send you the hard waste brochure (PDF - 4MB) outlinining the items that can be put out for hard waste collection. It is very important to follow the guidelines, as unacceptable items will not be collected.
Putting your hard waste out
Make sure you place your hard rubbish out the weekend before the collection. If not, the free collection will be forfeited. Rubbish can not total more than three cubic metres.
Hard waste should be in four piles:
- Pile 1: Mattresses (maximum of two)
- Pile 2: Whitegoods and metals
- Pile 3: General household items
- Pile 4: Televisions and computers
Option 1: Putting hard rubbish on your property
We encourage you to choose the option of having your hard waste collected from inside your property (e.g. your front yard), if possible. This:
- allows you to arrange the item for collection at a time that suits you
- removes the opportunity for others to add to your pile and you exceeding the 3 cubic metre allowance
- helps maintain a clean and tidy street
Option 2: Putting hard rubbish on the nature strip
If you choose to put your hard waste on the nature strip, items can not be placed out any earlier than the Saturday before your collection.
Mattresses and bed bases, scrap metal, metal car parts, household items, televisions, stereo equipment, appliances, glass, (mirrors and china must be wrapped and marked), timber in pieces no longer than 1.5 metres, carpet, metal tools and equipment, hot water systems, lawn mowers, whitegoods including fridges (remove door), washing machines, air conditioners and stoves.
Items not accepted:
Car tyres, batteries, garden waste, recyclables, household waste, building or renovation materials, gas cylinders, chemicals, oils, pesticides, paint, asbestos, hazardous waste, bricks, concrete, rubble, soil, cement sheeting, engine blocks.
You can also download the hard waste brochure (PDF - 4MB) for information on what is accepted and how to put your waste out.