Severe weather forecast this weekend
01 December 2017
With a whole summer's worth of rain predicted to be falling between today and Sunday, Council has been busy preparing for a very wet weekend. Here is some important advice going into the weekend.
Who to contact
For emergency assistance contact: SES 132 500
To report an issue (such as blocked drains, trees down) or if you are not sure who to contact: Council 8571 1000
For life-threatening emergencies contact: Triple Zero 000.
We will monitor our social media accounts and use them to provide updates, however please don't use Facebook or Twitter to report any issues.
- Stay Informed – monitor local conditions and be aware of the situation
- Council has put its emergency management plans on stand-by
- Conditions can change quickly and you are best placed to take actions to stay safe.
- Ensure your family members and neighbours are aware of the situation
- Floodwater is dangerous – never drive, walk or ride through floodwater, people die in floodwaters
- Floodwater is toxic – never play or swim in floodwater
- Farmers should prepare to move machinery and livestock to higher ground
- Those with pets should bring them inside, lift valuables to higher places.
- Cars should not be parked in underground car parks and garages
Tips and updates
Stay alert to updates via the Emergency Vic website www.emergency.vic.gov.au
Visit the SES website for tips to be storm and flood safe www.ses.vic.gov.au
Visit the How to plan and prepare for floods page
If heavy falls are experienced, remain safe and please be patient as Council crews and emergency service attend to requests for assistance.
Keep an eye on Council's social media channels over the weekend. We will use these to keep you updated on local events to be aware of but please don't use these channels to report issues.