Help Shape the Future of WJ Turner Reserve
Council recognises the importance of parks and open spaces to our community. Following on from the public consultation, Council has used a range of community ideas and suggestions to prepare the WJ Turner Reserve Draft Master Plan.
Key themes to come out of face to face and online consultation include:
- Provide more park amenities such as barbecue and picnic facilities, seating, drinking fountains and tree planting for shade to support social recreation.
- Introduce more shared paths around the park to support the informal walking and cycling recreation.
- Support the reconfiguration, containment or relocation of the sports facilities and recreation activities to improve the use of the park’s space and to respond to nearby resident’s concerns over stray cricket and golf balls not being contained within the park boundary.
- Improvements to the sports facilities so they meet local needs, especially upgrading the sport pavilion and spectator facilities and opportunities to improve the sports grounds.
- Improvements to the playground including providing shade, seating and additional social infrastructure.
- Improvements to people’s perception of safety in the park through maintenance and design responses to this issue.
Council believes that all of these themes have been captured in the draft Master Plan, but we would like to hear what you think.
Have Your Say
Comments on the WJ Turner Reserve Draft Master Plan can be made via: