Springvale Snow Fest 2019
It will be snowing again in Springvale this July. Join us on Sunday 28 July for our award-winning winter carnival and street food festival: Springvale Snow Fest. From 12pm – 7pm the streets will be filled with fun, snow, rides, music, and of course food!
Springvale Snow Fest is a smoke and alcohol free event and is proudly sponsored by Mt Buller, Fox FM and FReeZA Victoria.
- Two free snow areas with real snow from Mt Buller
- Over 30 food stalls
- Live ice sculpting
- Live stage with music and performances
- Photoshoot with huskies
- VR snow experience
- Snow Princesses Meet and Greet
- Rides ($2-$6)
- Fireworks at 6.50pm
There will also be food trucks and stalls aplenty, with cuisines from across the globe, with vegan, gluten free and halal options.
Come and enjoy these vendors: 400BC; Bao x Waffle; Blakey’s Bean Coffee; Chillin N Grillin; Dandee Donuts; Dazey Pops; DoNik Caters; Flamin Skewers; Ink-Redible; Le Rice Cake; Le Tuan; Little Pancake Patch; Lucky Bubble; Mai's Family Kitchen; Mr Wonderwhip; Mutter Krause; Rainbow Fairy Floss; Relens Mini Donuts; Somsom Candy; Spanish Gourmet Caterers; Street Eats; Tasti Sweet Corn; Tasty Treatz; Thi Chien Dang; Trang Phu; Twista Bros; Twisty Taters and Zero Lam
Rides and activities
There’s plenty to do at Springvale Snow Fest, for people of all ages:
- Experience real snow from Mt Buller at our free snow areas
- The Dreaming Space Snow Dome with the Spectacular Fire Show Duo (5.30pm), Circus Workshop, Costume Making, Magic Show (1.15pm) and the Funky Monkey Family Band (3.45pm)
- Meet and Greet with the Snow Princesses
- Howling Huskies photo opportunity
- VR Experience ($4)
- Rides: Giant Slide ($2), Camelot Castle ($2), Cup and Saucers ($4), Music Trip ($6), Ferris Wheel ($6 or $14 for two adults and two children)
- Sideshow Alley including Inflatable Basketball, Cannonball Air Blaster and High Striker
- Plus: Burton Riglets child-friendly snowboarding, Ice Sculptor show, Airbrush Tattooing, Arts and Crafts and much more!
The Main Stage will run from 12pm – 7pm:
12pm – 12.30pm Official Welcome from the Mayor, with Auslan Translation, Buddhist Monks Blessing and
Welcome to Country
12.35pm – 12.45pm Nazareth College
12.48pm – 12.53pm Tri
12.56pm – 1.02pm Haleema
1.12pm – 1.17pm Step Forward
1.20pm – 1.26pm Young Philly
1.29pm – 2pm Jordan and Elena
2.10pm - 2.15pm Aria Dang
2.22pm – 2.32pm Allira Jane
2.39pm – 2.46pm Aria Dang
2.56pm – 3.16pm Hustle
3.19pm – 3.49pm Zumba
3.52pm – 4.02pm Hawi
4.03pm – 4.33pm Jaya Bollywood Dance
4.45pm – 5.05pm Pulse dance crew
5.10pm – 5.40pm Springvale Neighbourhood House Showcase
5.45pm – 6pm LED Lion Dance
6.10pm – 6.50pm Mitch Tambo
6.50pm – 7pm Fireworks
Watch out across the site for more performances and music including:
- Singalong performances by the Snow Princesses at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm
- The Melbourne premier of the Sanctum Theatre’s Ghost Turtle roving puppet (made in conjunction with Springvale Neighbourhood House)
- Uptown Brown
- Snowman and Skier Band
- Happy the Dancing Yeti
- Roving performers including: Roving Magician, Sunny the Snow Patrolman, Rollerskating Snow Flake and Frozen Silt Walker.
Win a trip to Mt Buller
Join us at Springvale Snow Fest for your chance to win:
- Two nights’ accommodation for two adults and two children in a family room at ABOM Hotel
- Wheel chains rental
- Two days resort entry and parking
- Two days ski or snowboard rental package
Find out how to enter here
With 45,000 people expected at this year’s Springvale Snow Fest, planning how to get here is important.
Springvale Snow Fest is located in the Springvale Shopping Precinct on Buckingham Avenue, running from Windsor Avenue to Queens Avenue.
The best way to get to the event is by public transport – Springvale Station is just two minutes on foot to the festival site! If you’re coming from the city, it’s only 30 minutes on the train from Flinders Street on the Pakenham/Cranbourne line.
If you’re driving, Number 8 multi-deck car park (off Balmoral Avenue) has free parking – but it does fill up quick! Alternatively, you could park at a train station nearby and take the train for the final few stops.
Road closures will take place around the festival site on Windsor, Buckingham and Balmoral avenues.
Toilets and baby changing
There will portable toilets on site, including 15 standard and 3 accessible toilets.
There will also be a parent pod fitted with a baby change table, comfortable feeding chair and mini kitchenette.
There are various permanent ATMs located near and around the festival site including Bank of Melbourne, Commonwealth Bank, CBA, ANZ, NAB and rediATM.
There will be a hydration station located near the Ice Sculpting show.
Date and time: 12pm - 7pm Sunday 28 July 2019
For further information email the Festivals and Events team on email@example.com or call 8571 1000.
Location: Buckingham Avenue, Springvale